What will I get?
GUITAR TRAINING XL consists of over 200 pages of jazz guitar material, scale exercises, solos, voicings for standards, blues, swing, bossa etc.
Everything is written in printable notation and tabulature.
Moreover you will find some really useful diagrams for substituting scales and chords, drop2 and drop3 diagrams and much more. It will give you inspiration for years !!!!!!
It may also serve you as a compendium where you can find all fingerings for scales, arpeggios and chords - in case you forgot one !!!!
You will get an interactive e-book (a pdf document) with integrated audio files and videos. It is available in English and German.
You can listen to each exercise by clicking on the appropriate icon on the page. There are more than 240 minutes of audio and 120 minutes of video (many of them include fretboard view..) . Of course you can print out the exercises.
You can also transfer the pdf and the media files to a tablet (Windows, Android and IOS), although the links between the pdf and the media files will only work on Windows tablets. Yet it is useful to carry the material with you or jam to a backing track while you are on the road...
Audio and Video files:
Each of the exercises, patterns, scales, solos, voicings, standards comes with an audio file (in mp3 format) at a moderate tempo. Moreover there are backing tracks for every tune and almost every exercise. Many exercises come with a video that shows the chord voicing or the improvisation. Live fretboard view for all chords, comping and voicing exercises.
- scales ( major, melodic and harmonic minor, altered scales, blues scale, halft step - whole step and vice versa )
- technical exercises for daily practise
- pentatonic scales - arpeggios
- chord charts - basic-chords und advanced chords
- voicings for many standard tunes)
- comping and solo examples for standard chord progressions as in:
- Blue Bossa,
- Autumn Leaves,
- Satin Doll,
- Take the A-Train,
- One Note Samba,
- All the things you are,
- Rhythm Changes,
- Swing and much more….
- block chords Wes Montgomery style
- tons of patterns in dorian, mixolydian , II - V - I, altered and half-diminished,
- turnaround phrases (I - VI - II - V)
- diagrams and charts for drop2 und drop3 voicings, chord inversions
- substitution charts for chords and scales
What do I need to work with the material?
All you need is a computer with Windows OS or MAC OS plus a version of Adobe Reader for MAC or Foxit Reader for PC.
Please have in mind that you won´t get a physical book! Of course you can print out the pages yourself.
Is the material too difficult for me?
The book contains material for all levels. There are basic exercises as well as advanced exercises. Basic harmonic and technical knowledge is recommended as there are only little verbose explanations, that´s why it is called „training“.
What´s the language of the material?
An English and a German version are included in the download package